Very happy day to my loving readers and visitors,
In my preceding article, I wrote about the tea pot and its characteristics. Since it is still fresh in your memory, I am going to give you some pointers as how to properly use and care for tea pot in this article:-
- have several teapots, for different occasions or to serve different types of tea, so as to reflect its class and characteristics
- always wash the teapot by rinsing with either warm or hot water. Do not use soap. After a period of use, the unglazed teapot will become shiny/glaring when it is rubbed with a soft and clean cloth.
- avoid using aluminum or enamel; aluminum may discolor the tea; chipped enamel may effect the flavor of the tea
- ceramic or bone china teapots retain the heat best
- check the glaze inside the pot for cracks and crazes
- check the handle for finger and knuckle room to avoid burns
- look for a hole in the lid to allow air to ensure the smooth flow of the tea from the pot
- a lug should be part of the lid to hold it in place so the lid doesn’t crash into the cups as the tea is pouring out from the pot.
- avoid using detergent inside a teapot as this will affect the taste of the tea
- remove tannin stains inside the teapot by filling and soaking the pot over several hours with a solution of hot water and four tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda – rinse thoroughly.
Please share with me some of your experience as how you take care of your tea pot. I believe that it is always worth to share our experience so as to enrich our experience.
Stay tuned and look forward to hearing from you,