In this article, I am going to detail the points you need to take so that you have good hot green tea daily.
1. Green tea "when properly packaged", has a shelf life of about 6 months. Once opened, it is advisable to consume it within 2-3 months. Here, properly packaged means that it is vacuum packed or nitrogen packaged. However, if your green tea was not packaged properly and exposed to air, its quality will be adversely affected.
2. The best green tea comes from the first harvest usually either in late April or early May. However, you can get this throughout the year.
3. It depends very much on the variety, for instance normal Sencha, about one teaspoon to 8-10 ounces of water. Right amount of tea leaves is important to give a good taste of tea.
4. Depending on the variety of green tea again, generally it should be brewed around 175 degrees F within 5 degrees range.
5. Generally speaking, do not steep green tea for more than 2 minutes. The tea will taste bitter if you steep it for too long.
6. Use high quality water such as mineral water so that the tea can be resolved into water.
7. Green tea is compact. It will expand and hence needs room to open up. You are encouraged to use transparent glass to brew it.
8. You may add hot water up to 6-8 times. You may eat the tea leaves after that.
It is really simple to brew. Please give it a try and share with us your experience, via comments.
Look forward to hearing from you,